Monday, April 9, 2012

Press "DEL"



I use to receive a lot of spam in my e-mail box. Sometimes I even check some messages that have some chance to be interesting. In one of them I found some kind of survey of pharmaceutical market with the following picture:

"The graph below shows revenue growth optimism in the Pharmaceutical Industry from 2010 - 2012:"


The message is very simple: we know the market atmosphere and we will disclose to you our knowledge if you buy the survey.

Well, I always try to pretend that I am sense-searching scientist. The information and data which I consume have to have some target in my personal and professional teleology, they have to be relevant to my discourse. And what I suppose to do with this picture from the survey? Even wider: is there anybody out there who can make any use of this picture? How can these data help me or somebody else in decision making process? Should I outsource the rest of my production to China? Or should I by more shares of AZN? Sell Pfizer? Hire more chemists? And the zest of this spam – the reasons why I have to buy this survey:


- Gain an understanding of the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors, and examine their actions surrounding business priorities.
- Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customer's changing needs.
- Access primary survey research data from B2B panels comprised of senior purchase decision makers and leading supplier organizations.


Can anybody explain to me what the author would like to say? It is a perfect example of a really junk advertisement. Just press the “DEL” button! With pleasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment